As the world flips the calendar to 2024, many of us will be making new goals and standards to live by in the new year. Is your business doing that for your locator? What better time than the new year to look to improve your business’ locator. Here are 5 ways you can improve your locator in 2024:
- Tracking Phone Calls – The MetaLocator team cannot stress the importance of this feature more. Our software provides two different options for users to utilize to track phone calls. The first, simpler, option is click to view. This option only reveals the entire phone number for a location when the user takes action to uncover that number. The action itself is trackable and can conclude that a phone call was likely made, but it does not definitively track phone calls. Our second, more advanced option, is phone call tracking with dynamic number insertion (DNI). DNI is a more effective way to measure phone calls Specifically, it can be used as a metric to determine the overall success of a marketing campaign. DNI is a technique used to measure the quantity, duration, source and status of phone calls to numbers listed on a Web page. It works by swapping in special tracking phone numbers in a business’ profile as shown on a Web page, or in a locator. By leveraging phone number tracking, admins of the locator can:
- Track the number of phone calls over time
- Understand which businesses answer, or don’t answer the most calls
- Report the number of phone calls sent to their business partners
- Understand the number of phone calls generated by a specific marketing campaign
- Request status updates on leads initiated over the phone
- Understand lead outcomes and customer satisfaction
- Performance Reports – Last year, MetaLocator began sending out monthly performance reports regarding the performance of customers’ locators. These reports, sent via email, contain valuable analytical information to provide insights to our customers’ locators. The main purpose of these reports is to assist with business optimization. The performance reports are organized and easy to understand, highlighting the biggest changes for the month in your interface. This immediately brings users to the most important information in the reports. The MetaLocator team strongly urges our customers to spend time reading and analyzing these reports, they are completely free and sent to all users with the idea that the information sent can vastly help users understand their businesses better.
- Upgrading (if you haven’t) – Is your business on the right plan? MetaLocator’s goal is for your business to grow with us. As your business grows, you will be able to add more locations, requiring an update of your MetaLocator plan. When your business upgrades, you unlock more valuable features in MetaLocator to continue to advance the business more. For example, our Entry, Standard and Pro plans allow for one total user. One common need for larger companies is the ability for multiple users to manage the interfaces in MetaLocator. Users can upgrade to Platinum to get unlimited users, allowing your whole marketing team to work simultaneously on interfaces. As you upgrade, more features and services in MetaLocator become available. To learn more about MetaLocator’s plans and features offered, visit our plan comparison page.
- Utilize Location Landing Pages – Location Landing Pages are a magnet for better SEO (search engine optimization) results. Commonly, a location landing page will feature search-engine-optimized content that includes brand and product keywords alongside local signals. These keywords can show up in searches like “window installers near me” or “physicians near me”. Details, like addresses and contact information for that specific location, are common as well as directions, hours of operation, reviews, testimonials, and media (photos and videos). MetaLocator creates one page per location which includes a crawlable hierarchy of location pages. These landing pages also have metrics that can be included in the MetaLocator performance reports, giving them analytical value for your brand as well.
- Make Sure Your Locator Meets the MetaLocator Standard- MetaLocator has a checklist of best practices for anyone, not just customers, to check in with to ensure their locators are up to our professional standards. Check to see how your locator does against our industry expert standards by requesting a free locator performance score. MetaLocator has 16 essential practices we feel that all locators should be implementing to ensure the locator is performing to the best of its ability for a business. Each of the 16 components provides an explanation of the best practice and why it is important to implement for your business. One example of a best practice MetaLocator evaluates is presenting a relevant number of locations. This is a commonly missed best practice in locators the team evaluates. Too many irrelevant locations presented in the interface can make navigating the map to the desired location more difficult for customers. This over-complication can be a place where consumers are turned away. MetaLocator has 15 other best practices for you to implement in your locators this year to have a better 2024.
Check out MetaLocator’s software in action by visiting our demos page, featuring demonstrations of our locator software in various configurations.
To learn more about MetaLocator and our products, visit our products page.
Keep up with the latest on MetaLocator by following us on social media.