Interfaces created in MetaLocator prior to 2019 were built using our Interface Editor, which has since been replaced by the Interface Builder. After 2019, no new Legacy Interfaces could be created unless users imported them from a backup or duplicated an existing Legacy interface.
Newer interfaces are vastly improved in every aspect for our customers and end users when compared to legacy locators. Specifically, the benefits of upgrading to the interface builder are:
- Greatly improved user experience. Search controls, layouts, mobile experience and browser compatibility have all been upgraded to ensure the best user experience on all devices.
- Improved Performance. Newer locators are much faster when compared to the legacy interfaces. Improved performance provides a better customer experience.
- Access to the Latest Features. Newer locators provide many more features such as Custom Map Colors, Phone Number tracking, Unified Share, Lead Optimization, Field Templates, Reviews, Interstitial Search and much, much more.
- Completely Code-Free. New locators no longer require HTML programming skills to make basic adjustments to the search form, results and email templates.
- Easier to Manage and Change. The Interface Builder provides a much simpler UI to manage, change and create locators enabling more of your team to participate.
- Improved accessibility. Interfaces created in Interface Builder meet WCAG AA accessibility standards off the shelf providing a larger audience.
Users have the ability to upgrade quickly using the automatically created settings for import into the interface builder. MetaLocator will provide a customized report to help users evaluate the settings to consider when replacing the legacy interface with the interface builder. The report generates new settings ready for use in the Interface Builder so that most customers should be able to review the report, import the settings and be working in the Interface Builder in just a few minutes.