MetaLocator is an automated local marketing platform for businesses of any size. Our offering includes store locators, local landing pages, local data publishing, crowd-sourced data, data cleansing and consistency, voice and text message local marketing, mobile applications, review monitoring, local coupons, product finders and more. More information at www.metalocator.com.
We are looking for a Python programmer to author and maintain a large-scale scraping architecture built on the Scrapy platform. The right candidate has established experience in designing, building and managing scraping operations.
- Development of Python Scrapy spiders
- Work with back-end team on collecting, validating data
Skills And Qualifications
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework
- Understanding of authoring scrapers including inspecting websites, developer tools, handling lazy loading and authentication within scrapers.
- Strong linux command-line skills including bash shell scripting
- Strong MySQL experience including complex queries, database design and replication.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of PHP programming a plus
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, including SVN
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com