MetaLocator is an automated local marketing platform for businesses of any size. Our offering includes store locators, local landing pages, local data publishing, crowd-sourced data, data cleansing and consistency, voice and text message local marketing, mobile applications, review monitoring, local coupons, product finders and more. More information at www.metalocator.com.
We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer responsible for managing back-end services. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central and user databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a strong understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
The right candidate will have have a firm understanding of typical SaaS application architecture, multi-tenant systems, horizontal scaling concepts and general system architecture. Experience designing multi-user Web-based applications is required.
- Development of MVC PHP application components to support the application frontend
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions
Skills And Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks including Joomla!
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services operating environment including EC2, ELB, S3, CloudFront and Cloudwatch
- Background job processing using Redis & Resque
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong MySQL experience including complex queries, database design and replication.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments including oAuth
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, including SVN
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com